Step 1: Get In Touch With Hong
Please notify Hong Lan (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 12pm EST on May 3rd, 2019 of your start date. She will provide the necessary forms for Step 2. This is especially critical for international students to issue the I-20 for your visa application.
Step 2: SOM Registration
For those with Summer Start Dates (May – July):
Bring the following signed forms to the SOM Registrar’s Office to matriculate:
- Summer Registration Form
- Early Registration Certification
For those with A Fall Start Date (August 15):
Bring the following signed form to the SOM Registrar’s Office to matriculate:
- Fall Registration Form
STEP 3: Obtain a Badge
Once you turn in the forms from Step 2, the Registrar’s Office will provide you with the necessary documents for you to bring to the ID Office to obtain a School of Medicine badge. If you are an international student, you need to check in at the International Office as well.
Step 4: Payroll Setup
For students matriculating on August 15th, our payroll administrator Deborah Bartucci (email@example.com) will set up a payroll orientation. If you are starting before August 16th or cannot attend the orientation, please make an appointment with her to set up your payroll. Here are the things you need to do prior to the meeting:
- Complete the I-9 Form – please follow these instructions. The university code is Johns Hopkins University.
- Please complete and bring with you (DO NOT return via email) this personnel data form. Please make sure that the address you list on this form is the address you would like your first paycheck to mailed to (after your first check you can set up direct deposit).
- Bring your valid passport OR your valid driver’s license and social security card to your appointment with Deborah Bartucci. If possible, please also send a scanned copy of your passport to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For international students only: Bring your valid passport OR your valid driver’s license and social security card to the School of Medicine International Office. If possible, please also send a scanned copy of your passport to both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.